VMworld Europe 2016: vCloud Air Network Out in Force!
With another successful VMworld US and VMware Partner Exchange in the books, the vCloud Air Network team is headed to Barcelona, Spain for VMworld Europe 2016 – held at the Fira Gran Via from 17-20 October.
If you are attending Partner Exchange there are a bunch of great sessions that should be on your list for the Sunday ranging from an overview of the vCloud Architecture Toolkit, sessions on Hybrid Cloud with vCloud Director and sessions around storage and networking specific for vCAN Service Providers. I’ve listed down my top picks below pulled from the vCloud Teams recent blog and added links to them for easy searchability in the VMworld Session Catalog.
- PAR3700 – Building and Enabling a Hybrid Cloud with vCloud Director – a Perspective for Service Providers
- RTM3702 – Route to Market Session – vCloud Air Network Service Provider Partners
- PAR3831 – Hybrid Cloud Networking & Security
- PAR3708 Hyper-Converged, Software-Defined Storage: A New Profitable Revenue Path for Cloud Service Providers
- PAR3714 – Winning SDDC and Hybrid Cloud Deals Against Competition
- PAR3728 – Hybrid Cloud Migration Strategies
Looking through the breakout sessions and quick talks at VMworld proper there is still a lot of content relating to vCloud Air…however this seems to be more DR focused and there are a lot of sessions around leveraging NSX for Hybrid Cloud and enhanced vMotion capabilities in vCenter.
- HBC7602 – Build True Hybrid Clouds: See How Service Providers Can Use NSX to Extend Customers On-prem Data Centers
- HBC8474 – Making it Easy to Orchestrate and Automate Your Hybrid Cloud Environment
- HBC8799 – How OVH, vCloud Air Network Service Provider, is Using NSX to Easily Onboard Your Workloads to the Cloud
- HBC7700 – Disaster Recovery in the Cloud with VMware Availability
- HBC9171 – Intercontinental vMotion with Purpose
There is also a decent looking self paced HoL looking at building a vCD based IaaS Platform.
- SPL-1787-USE-1 – VMware vCloud Director for Service Providers – Building IaaS Platform
Apart from what I have listed above there will be a bunch of vCAN talent hovering around the conference so make sure you make an effort to connect, network and share vCAN experiences. We are effectively all in this together and if the vCAN grows stronger…we all grow stronger.