It’s been just over two months since my last Veeam Vault went out and can you believe that was just before VeeamON 2017 in New Orleans. Again, for a recap of what was announced at VeeamON check out my wrap up post here…two months on and we haven’t stopped here at Veeam. As soon as VeeamON was done and dusted focus turned to EMEA SE training in Warsaw which my whole team attended and where the group got an extended look at the new features coming in v10. Since then, i’ve had a good stretch at home where i’ve been preparing for a series of webinars but mainly focused on the upcoming VeeamON Forums happening around the APAC region.
- VeeamON Forum Kuala Lumpur – 25th July
- VeeamON Forum Singapore – 3rd August
- VeeamON Forum Sydney – 9th August
- VeeamON Forum Auckland – 11th August
I’ll be presenting sessions at all events and be on stage with Clint Wyckoff for the Sydney and Auckland keynotes where our co-CEO, Peter McKay and VP of Global Cloud Group, Paul Mattes will be headlining. There are other events happening in Asia, so please register here and if you are able to attend any of those cities it would be great to get you down and learn about all that’s happening with Veeam as we move into the second half of the year an into next year.
Nutanix AHV Announcement:
At Nutanix’s .NET conference we announced the intent to support Acropolis Hypervisor (AHV) by years end and also became the Premier Availability solution for supported Nutanix virtualized environments. I’ll be honest and say that this took a lot of us by surprise…and probably most Nutanix employees as well. However it shows our commitment to providing availability for the modern enterprise…of which Nutanix is also pushing hard into.
Backup for Office365 1.5 BETA:
Last week we released the first beta for Backup for Office365 1.5 which is a significant release for our VCSP community as it now introduces multi-tenancy and also an advanced API feature for automation. If you are a VCSP, take some time to download the beta and put the new features to work…there is a significant opportunity to offer backup services for Office365 which now scale.
Version 1.5 Enhancements:
- A multi-repository, multi-tenant architecture enabling protection of larger Office 365 deployments with a single installation. Also empowering service providers to deliver Office 365 backup services.
- Automation possibilities via RESTful API and PowerShell SDK to minimize management overhead, improve recovery times and reduce costs
Update 1 for Veeam Agent for Linux 1.0:
Last month we released Update 1 for Veeam Agent for Linux so the next time you update the software from your Linux update repositories you will get the update. While this is for the most a bug release we still included file indexing for 1-Click file recovery through Veeam Enterprise Manager, the ability to add storage and network drivers to the recovery media from the Linux OS and the addition of an ssh server to the recovery media. There is also support added for ExaGrid and general wizard improvements.
Veeam Vanguard Blog Post Roundup:
- Andrea Mauro: Veeam Announces Nutanix Partnership
- Craig Dalrymple: Veeam One – Ransomware Monitoring
- Dean Lewis: First Look – Leveraging the Nimble Secondary Flash Array with Veeam – Setup guide
- Patricio Cerda: Active Full Backup vs Synthetic Full Backup
- Patricio Cerda: Impact of backup methods on the performance of repositories
- Patricio Cerda: Veeam with support for Nutanix AHV
- Jorge de la Cruz: Monitoring Veeam Backup & Replication with New Content Pack for VMware vRealize Log Insight
- Jorge de la Cruz: Webinar Recording New Veeam Agents for Linux and Windows, Protecting Your Physical or Cloud Workloads
- Jorge de la Cruz: Veeam Availability Console, Part VI – Veeam Agent and Veeam Backup and Replication Backup Reports
- Matt Crape: Veeam O365: Unable to read beyond the end of the stream
- Markus Kraus: Veeam Availability Suite Unattended Install
- Karl Widmer: Veeam – Using Starwind VTL with AWS S3 in Veeam
- Vladen Seget: What is a Veeam Proxy?