We did something a little different this year at VeeamON. Instead of having one long General Session Keynote, we split the general sessions into two parts… one being a Veeam Vision keynote delivered by Ratmir in the morning, and the second being a Technology General Session held later in the day.
The idea was to dedicate ninety minutes to showcase what we had released already in 2019 and then, take an advanced look at what was to come later in the year. The other thing that we wanted to achieve was bring back to the live demos to the VeeamON mainstage as we saw in 2015 and in 2017.
- Introduction and What’s New – Danny Allan
- VAO v2 – Rick Vanover (00:18)
- VAC v3 – Anthony Spiteri (00:30)
- VBO v3 – Niels Engelen (00:39)
- What’s Coming – Anton Gostev (00:52)
- Cloud Tier Copy Mode – Anthony Spiteri (00:58)
- NAS Backup – Michael Cade (01:08)
- Restore to VMware – Rick Vanover (01:17)
- Data Integration API – Niels Engelen (01:22)
- Backup & Replication for Azure – Mike Resseler (01:27)
It’s pretty rare in our industry for companies to attempt live demos during keynote presentations… the ghosts of Microsoft BSODs past seem to hinder the use of live demos these days, but that is not how Veeam and the Veeam Product Strategy Team rolls. To pull off 8 live demos without a glitch (4 of which running on Tech Preview code) is a testament to the confidence we have in ourselves and in the technology… it’s also a huge rush when everything comes off as expected.
That said, the Technology General Session is worth watching for those interested in what Veeam has delivered so far this year… and what is to come!