Over the past year the guys at CloudPhysics have been relatively quiet compared to the proceeding 3 years since they burst onto the Scene at VMworld 2012. The reason relative radio science has been had was that they have been busily working away on a revamp of their SaaS based Analytics platform…and the results are impressive.
The new release has the following highlights.
- Always-on diagnostics: Continuous diagnosis of infrastructure with changes continuously captured, recorded and reflected. Unique data derivations, correlations, mashups and filters reduce “noise” and identify true hazards.
• Configurable dashboards: Rich contextual views expose hot spots and potential risks before problems form and impact operations. Trending analysis consolidates multiple objects and views, enabling multi-dimensional correlation.
• Groundbreaking exploration capabilities: Interactive ability to analyze changes over time through easily manipulated exploration mode, using time slices with zoom in/out capabilities to evaluate correlations and causation. Users can “correlate in context” to troubleshoot application disruptions with data drawn from VM performance/resource consumption; change/event log; configuration history; and known issues associated with operational hazards and best practices.
• 20+ new analytics for managing health and preempting hazards, available in our extensive library of “cards.”
• Platform innovation: Time series data is uniquely handled by the CloudPhysics platform to enable a user to analyze multiple dimensions of the infrastructure around the same time axis.
With the new features, CloudPhysics delivers unique, meaningful insights, giving vSphere teams the confidence to act boldly to reduce risk and waste without compromising safety of the virtual infrastructure or the applications it supports. Building on its ease of use, intuitive user interface and deep visibility across multiple vCenters, CloudPhysics now:
- Reduces disruption and incidents with always-on diagnostics that surface hot spots and emerging problems, enabling admins to get ahead of nascent performance problems• Improves mean-time-to-resolution (MTTR) with directed exploration, enabling admins to zero in on root cause and resolve application disruptions more quickly• Generates insights for realigning misconfigured infrastructure to prevent future performance and availability issues and improve efficiency
CloudPhysics have always been a personal favourite of mine since I first chatted to Irfan back on the Solutions Exchange floor in 2012 and I’m legitimately excited with what the team has got in store to further develop the platform into an extremely powerful analytics tool for VMware based platforms.
They have a free edition which you can tryout here: CloudPhysics Free Edition
While at VMworld, head over to Booth #2346