Scanning the Release Notes, below are some of the more notable fixes:
- Resource limit change for a vCloud Edge Gateway Resolves an issue where the memory limit for a compact and full-4 Edge Gateway was insufficient. Memory was increased from 512MB to 2048MB
- Performing hardware changes to a VM fails Resolves an issue where performing hardware changes to a VM in vCloud Director fails with an error message:
- Degraded performance due to insufficient memory Resolves an issue that could lead to an insufficient memory reservation of the NSX Edge VMs, which might cause poor performance.
- Catalog synchronization failure Resolves an issue where synchronization of a remote catalog item fails with an
out of memory, causing the vCloud Director cell to crash.
- Incorrect status update for VMs storage profile or disk-level storage Resolves an issue that could cause a VM storage profile or disk-level storage profile to be updated incorrectly when the VM is included in a recompose operation. This fix ensures that
PvdcComputeGuaranteeValidatorruns even when the deployment fails in Pay-As-You-Go allocation model. With this fix, the undeploy workflow ignores the VM deployment state if the undeploy operation is called with a force=true flag.
- Failure to move virtual machines between shared datastores Resolves a storage issue where moving a virtual machine from one shared datastore to another fails.
- Failure to revert VM snapshots Resolves an issue that could cause reverting to a virtual machine snapshot to fail
- Failure to allocate an external IP address and a gateway IP address Resolves several issues in managing the allocation of external IP a gateway IP addresses during VM boot and runtime when the NAT service is enabled and IP Translation is set manually.
- Failure to delete Organization VDC Resolves an issue that could cause various operations to fail.
So a small point release for good to see the team continuing to improve the platform for those not yet able to upgrade to the latest 9.0 release. If you have the entitlements, head to the MyVMware site to download the builds.