Veeam Vault #4: Product Updates, Agent for Windows Beta Plus Vanguard 2017
Welcome to the fourth edition of my Veeam Vault series and the first for 2017. It’s been a busy first month of 2017 with trips to Orlando where I attended my first Sales Kick Off where I also presented at our SE Training and then a trip to Russia to visit our R&D, Product and QA teams. Covering nearly 42,000KMs and going literally around the world, it was a long but worthwhile trip and has me extremely enthusiastic about the year ahead here at Veeam.
In this Veeam Vault I am going to talk about four new product builds that have been released since the last Veeam Vault and I’ll also talk a little about the Veeam Vanguard program…of which we announced the 2017 members overnight. As usual there will be the roundup of what the Veeam Vanguard’s have posted recently on their blogs but first i’ll talk about the new public BETA that we released on the 26th of January.
Veeam Agent for Windows BETA:
I’m very excited about this product…in fact I’m excited about all of our products that take advantage of Veeam Cloud Connect and VAW is no exception. With the ability to backup physical or virtual Windows endpoints to a Cloud Connect Backup repository the door opens up for a new stream of revenue for VCSPs and in combination with the yet to be released Veeam Availability Console offer a great solution for backing up previously untouchable workloads on physical servers as well as being able to do granular file level backups of any compatible Windows workstation and back them up locally, over a network share, over to a VBR repository or up to a Cloud Connect Repository.
Update 1 For VBR, One and Backup for Office 365:
A couple of weeks ago we released Update 1 for Backup & Replication, One and Backup for Office 365. As I wrote in this post focusing on how the latest release offers support for vSphere 6.5 it was more than just a standard update and offers over 300 enhancements and bug fixes that improve on the already strong reliability and scalability of the product. Veeam One also got a significant update and added support for vSphere 6.5 and also including new Hyper-V and reporting enhancements on top of a number of resolved issues. Backup for Office 365 gets a number of enhancements and bug fixes as well and, as with all the Update 1 releases are essential downloads to continue to improve on the already strong product sets.
Veeam Vanguards 2017:
As mentioned in the intro, Rick Vanover sent out new and renewed Vanguard’s their welcome emails overnight and this year we have 62 members at last count and as a former member of the Vanguard’s I can tell you that we, in the Technical Product Marketing team are looking forward to helping the 2017 crop get the most out of the program. I’ve blogged previously about the Vanguard program and now, with it entering it’s third year of operation I can truly say that it’s one of…if not the best vendor advocacy programs in our industry. The people involved on both sides are truly passionate about Veeam and the sense of community is something that I haven’t experienced in any other program. So well done to the 2017 class and hope to catchup with you all throughout the year are VeeamOn and any other event where we may cross paths.
Veeam Vanguard Blog Post Roundup:
- Alex Samoylenko:
It has been released a public beta Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows 2.0
- Alex Samoylenko: Out Veeam Backup & Replication 9.5 Update 1 with full support for VMware vSphere 6.5
- Anoop C Nair: Privileged to be Part of Veeam Vanguard for 3 Years in a Row
- Andrea Mauro: Don’t miss VeeamOn 2017 event
- Andrea Mauro: Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows 2.0 is in public beta
- Andrea Mauro: Veeam Backup & Replication 9.5 Update 1 adds VMware vSphere 6.5 support
- Arne Fokkema: Bitlooker & Powershell
- Arne Fokkema: Powershell: Veeam Cloud Connect total virtual machines report
- Chris Glemot: Step by Step Guide Veeam Availability Console Install
- Chris Glemot: Step by Step Guide Veeam Agent for Windows
- Chris Glemot: Step by Step Guide Veeam B&R 9.5 U1 Upgrade
- Didier Van Hoye: I’m a Veeam Vanguard 2017
- Patrice Singy: Veeam Backup- & Copy-jobs issues pointing to SoBR
- Jim Jones: Veeam Vanguard Again in 2017
- Jorge de la Cruz: Veeam: Instalando Veeam Agent para Linux, Backup gratuito para Servers Linux
- Jorge de la Cruz: Veeam: ¡Veeam Backup & Replication 9.5 Update 1 ya está disponible!
- Karl Widmer: Veeam – Installing Update 1 for Veeam Backup & Replication 9.5
- Silvio Di Benedetto: Veeam Backup for Office 365 1.0 Update 1
- Tim Smith: Veeam Architect – Proxy Transport Modes
- Vladen Seget: How to Backup and Restore VMware vCenter Server (VCSA) 6.5 with Veeam
Lastly a final reminder that the Call for Presentations is still open to those looking to submit a session at the event. This is a great opportunity to share you insights and experiences that you have gained in and around Veeam software solutions and don’t forget that if selected, presenters will receive a complimentary VeeamOn registration pass along with travel and hotel accommodations. Head to the site below to submit an abstract before February 7, 2017.