2015 is pretty much done and dusted and it’s been an great year in for Virtualization is Life! There was a 300% increase in site visits this year compared to 2014 and 1600% increase in visits since the first year I began blogging in 2012. In 2015 I managed to pump out 110 Posts (including this one) which meant I achieved a new years goal of at least two posts per week.
Looking back through the WordPress JetPack stats I’ve listed the top 10 Blog Posts from the last 12 months. Obviously vCloud Director and NSX dominate the top ten but it was interesting to see that two of the most generic and certainly basic posts took out the top two spots. It shows that bloggers should not be afraid of blogging around “perceived” simple topics as there is an audience that will appreciate the content and get value out of the post.
1. vSphere 6.0 vCenter Server Appliance: Upgrading from 5.x
2. Quick Post: E1000 vs VMXNET3
3. NSX Edge vs vShield Edge: Part 1 – Feature and Performance Matrix
4. VMware vCloud Director 8.0 Beta: #LongLivevCD
5. vCloud Director 8.0 Beta Kick Off – Initial Thoughts and Reaction
6. Released: vCloud Director 5.6.4 SP – Upgrade from 5.5.2.x and NSX 6.1.2 Support
7. vCloud Director SP: The Need for UI Improvement!
8. vSphere 5.5 Update 3 Released: Features and Top Fixes
9. The Reality of Cloud – Outages are Like *holes…
10. NSX vCloud Retrofit: Intro and VSM to NSX Manager Upgrade
The Top 10 reflects my passion for vCloud Director and NSX and those two technologies also dominated my professional life in 2015. On a personal level I have enjoyed writing a few more opinion pieces this year…my favourites being The Reality of Cloud Outages (#9) and a post around the failing of local Cloud provider Ninefold and how going up directly against AWS is not a smart thing in the IaaS world. That post also got picked up by @CRN_AU and syndicated here.
It was also pleasing to see so much support for my posts on vCloud Director and the need for action on the UI…I think we may have had a win there 🙂