If you are attending Partner Exchange there are a number of sessions that should be on your list for the Sunday. The sessions seem to be down on last year but that’s due to vCloud Air no longer being a going concern. I’ve listed down my top picks below added links to them for easy searchability in the VMworld Session Catalog. I’ve added a session on AWS and a session on vSAN as service providers should understand how both technologies fit into their strategy.
- PAR4360BU – Cloud Service Provider Platform: Evolution and Future
- PAR4358BU – How to Build a Hybrid Cloud Using NSX and vCloud Director-A Service Provider Perspective
- PAR4383BU – Delivering Hybrid Cloud Architectures for Your Customers with VMware Cloud on AWS
- PAR4382BU – Embracing VMware Cloud on AWS – How Can You Deliver Value to Your Customers
- PAR4367BU – What’s New in vSAN 6.6 – A Deep Dive
Looking through the breakout sessions there are 20 sessions directly relating to vCloud Director which is an excellent result. The rest that i’ve listed below tie in a mix of disaster recovery, hybrid cloud and NSX related networking sessions.
- LHC1661BU—Getting Started with vCloud Air Network (Technical Tips and Tricks)
- LHC1716BU—On-Ramp to the Cloud: Migration Tools and Strategies
- LHC1753BU—Case Study: How VMware NSX Is Empowering a Service Provider to Help Customers Achieve and Maintain Industry Compliance
- LHC1809BU—Use NSX to Deploy a Secure Virtual Network Bridging Multiple Locations for a True Hybrid Cloud
- LHC1951BU—Automated Cloud Recovery for When You are Nuked from Orbit
- LHC2424BU—200 to 40,000 VMs in 24 Months: Building Highly Scalable SDDC on Hybrid Cloud: Real-World Example
- LHC2573BU—Achieving Hybrid Cloud Data Agility Securely with VMware NSX
- LHC1739GU—Disaster Recovery to the Cloud: What Has Changed in the Past Year?
- LHC3179GU—Choosing the Ideal Cloud Provider Partner
- LHC3180GU—Effective DR Strategies
- LHC1566PU—Ask the vCloud Air Network Cloud Experts
- LHC3139SU— Achieving Success in a Multi-Cloud World
- LHC2626BU—Build VMware Powered Hybrid Clouds: See How vCloud Director and NSX work together to build true Hybrid Clouds
There are also a number of vCloud Air Network partners on the exhibit floor.
Apart from what I have listed above there will also be a lot of vCAN talent hovering around the conference so make sure you make an effort to connect, network and share vCAN experiences. The vCloud Air Network is a symbiotic ecosystem and if the vCAN grows stronger…the ecosystem grows stronger.