This week VMware released vCloud Director SP 8.10.1 Build 4655197. This is the sister build for vCD SP 8.0.2 and like that release, while there a a number of minor bug fixes in this release there is one important fix that will make service providers who offer replication services built upon Zerto happy, as it resolves a bug that had stopped many service providers upgrading from vCD SP 5.6.x…however unlike the release notes in 8.0.2 it doesn’t mention the specific fix in the notes. By all acounts the hot-fix that was released prior to this offical build is in this build…if you still have issues after this build please let VMware know through GSS.
- New boot customization options added to delay the boot time and to enter into the BIOS setup screen. You can use the vCloud Director Web console or the vCloud API to set Boot Delay and EnterBIOS mode options.
There is also official support for NSX-v 6.2.4 and that’s now covered by all the latest vCD SP versions as you can see below.
As usual I’ve gone through the Resolved Issues list and highlighted the ones I feel are most relevant…the ones in red are issues we had seen my old employers vCloud Zones and Zettagrid Labs.
- Deployment of vApp template in My Cloud with Hardware Modification fails with null UI Error
Attempts to deploy vApp in My Cloud from the vApp template with hardware modificat
- After vCloud Director upgrade, the vCloud Director version does not change in vCenter Solutions Manager
After successful upgrade of the vCloud Director from version 8.0.1 to 8.10.0, the vCloud Director version in vCenter Solutions Manager does not update and remains 8.0.1.
- Uploading ISO media file does not consume quota that is set after the storage policy is configured to organization vDC
When you configure the storage policy to organization virtual datacenter (vDC) and set a quota limit, the quota is not consumed while uploading the ISO media file.
- vCloud Director database upgrade takes long time to complete when the audit_event table contains millions of records
Database upgrade of vCloud Director from versions 5.5.x, 5.6.x to versions 8.0, 8.0.x, 8.10 might take up to 8 hours time to complete if the audit_event table contains millions of records. This issue is resolved in vCloud Director 8.10.1. The database upgrade might now take up to 20 minutes.
- VMware vCloud Director (vmware-vcd) services do not start automatically upon a reboot
The VMware vCloud Director (vmware-vcd) services do not start automatically after a reboot because of an issue in the systemd-219-19.el7 module of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.2 that includes the upgrade to Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.3.
This will more than likely be the last build of the current 8.0 and 8.10 releases with a closed BETA of the next vCD SP currently underway. This next major release of vCD SP promised to deliver on new UI enhancements (HTML5) and deep NSX-v integration.