VMworld is a little over three weeks away and from the looking through the sessions at Partner Exchange and VMworld proper the refocus on the vCloud Air Network that was announced last year at VMworld 2015 is being put well into action. This together with a couple of recent announcements around OnApp being available via VSPP and the surprise release of vCloud Availability for vCloud Director shows that VMware is focused on ensuring the success of it’s vCAN Service Providers.
The vCloud Air Network team has an agenda full of activities and events we know you won’t want to miss out on.
If you are attending Partner Exchange there are a bunch of great sessions that should be on your list for the Sunday ranging from an overview of the vCloud Architecture Toolkit, sessions on Hybrid Cloud with vCloud Director and sessions around storage and networking specific for vCAN Service Providers. I’ve listed down my top picks below pulled from the vCloud Teams recent blog and added links to them for easy searchability in the VMworld Session Catalog.
- PAR9847 – vCloud Architecture Toolkit for Service Providers – Recipes for vCloud Air Network Success
- PAR9814 – Building and Enabling a Hybrid Cloud with vCloud Director – A Perspective for Service Providers
- PAR9815 – Hybrid Cloud Networking and Security Leverage NSX to extend Customers on-prem Data Centers and Secure their Applications in a Hybrid Cloud environment
- PAR9851 – Hyper-converged, Software-Defined Storage: A New Profitable Revenue Path for Cloud Service Providers
- PAR9816 – vCloud Availability: Enabling Disaster Recovery-as-a-Service for vCloud Air Network Service Providers
Looking through the breakout sessions and quick talks at VMworld proper there is still a lot of content relating to vCloud Air…however this seems to be more DR focused and there are a lot of sessions around leveraging NSX for Hybrid Cloud and enhanced vMotion capabilities in vCenter.
- HBC7602 – Build True Hybrid Clouds: See how Service Providers can use NSX to extend customers on-prem data-centers
- HBC7700 – Disaster Recovery in the Cloud with VMware Availability
- HBC7830 – Virtualize, Secure and Extend your Data Center to the Cloud using NSX: Perspective for Service Providers and End Users
- HBC7999 – VMware Availability for vCloud Air Network – Native vSphere Replication
- HBC8474 – Making it Easy to Orchestrate and Automate Your Hybrid Cloud Environment
- HBC8799 – See how OVH, a Hybrid Cloud Powered vCloud Air Network Service Provider, is Using NSX to Onboard your Workloads easily onto Cloud
- HBC8861 – Getting the Most out of your Hybrid Cloud Service Provider
- HBC8046 – Customer Onboarding with VMware NSX: L2VPN Service for VMware vCloud Air Network
Apart from what I have listed above there will be a bunch of vCAN talent hovering around the conference so make sure you make an effort to connect, network and share vCAN experiences. We are effectively all in this together and if the vCAN grows stronger…we all grow stronger.