The last couple of years I have attended the event in Melbourne I have taken away a lot of great technical and non-technical knowledge back home with me and with keynote speakers the likes of no less than Scott Lowe and Keith Townsend together with industry superstar Chris Wahl and other great local presenters I expect the same for the 2016 edition.
The Agenda is jam packed with virtualisation goodness and it’s actually hard to attend everything of interest with schedule conflicts happening throughout the day…my recommended sessions are listed below:
- Mastering PowerShell to Call RESTful API Endpoints – Chris Wahl, Rubrik
- vBrownBag Tech Talk: Giving Your Career the 1-2 Punch – Keith Townsend & Scott Lowe
- Security Inception: Practitioners Guide to Micro-segmentation with Log Insight – Anthony Burke,VMware
- Protect Your Virtual Environment Whether on Premise or in the Cloud – Madhul Sachdeva, Zerto
- VMware Keynote: The Future of Network virtualisation with VMware NSX – Scott Lowe,VMware
If you do feel like skipping Chris Wahl’s session at 10:30am I’ll be presenting with Frank Fan from PernixData on Using Infrastructure Analytics to Modernize Storage Management where we will be talking about FVP and Architect and how it’s helped detect bottlenecks in the ZettaGrid Labs as well as help the normalization of production workload performance.
So though I live in Perth and help run the Perth VMUG I believe Melbourne is the true spiritual home of virutalisation in Australia and this UserCon is not to be missed…so if you are in Melbourne next week try and get down to The Crown Casino to participate, learn and contribute and hopefully we can catch up for a drink.