This week VMware is holding an online event to make and announcement around its vision for Application and Cloud Transformation. What does that exactly mean? The only way to find out for sure is to register for the event, happening first on Wednesday, March 31 at 11am Pacific Time and then repeated across APJ and EMEA. VMware is fighting to remain strongly reverent in an evolving IT landscape where applications are being born and created in the cloud on-top of next generation platforms outside of their usual virtualization stronghold. However, like the consumption of cloud that has become more than a play to move virtual machines to the public cloud, such is the same for applications. That is the idea shifts towards how the applications are configured, deployed, managed and consumed… that is the
There are two topics that will be covered by the speakers during the event. Speaking of the speakers, there is a decent lineup for the event with Kit Colbert, Joe Baguley and Raghu Raguram leading the way. Personally speaking, anything with Kit is worth tuning in for.
The first focuses on A Future Defined by Cloud which includes:
- Applications built in a fraction of the time.
- New capabilities added in an instant.
- With the ability to deploy to any cloud and move apps to the best cloud quickly and easily.
- Every app, every service operating seamlessly across clouds. All while protecting apps and data.
The second is all about The Challenges Hindering App Initiatives which includes:
- Diverse and incompatible architectures across clouds
- Complexity of diverse operations and security across multiple clouds
- Diverse application types requiring specialized platforms, tools and skills
- Demands on new developer skills and resources
Register for the Event
Americas | March 31, 11:00 AM PDT
APJ | April 1, 11:30 AM SGT
EMEA | April 1, 11:00 AM CEST
Register for the event here