I had a situation earlier this week where the VMware SDK/API service was being reported as offline. I was triggered by some failed backup jobs which made me check to see what could be causing the problem. Logging into the VCSA Management UI, I was presented with the following warning in the Health Status. File […] Read More
Had a situation today whereI needed to update the license for one of my Veeam Enterprise Manager isntances due to using ones from previous internal builds. My main Veeam Backup & Replication server that was connect to the Enterprise Manager instance already had a new license applied. When I went to log into the Enterprise […] Read More
Multi Factor Authentication is pretty much standard now when it comes to accessing online accounts and most companies have implemented MFA for their employees to use when logging into most corporate systems. There are some additional layers of complexity that this can add when looking to leverage MFA on third party applications. When it comes […] Read More
vCloud Director 9.0, released last week has a bunch of new enhancements and a lot of those are focused around it’s integration with NSX. Tom Fojta has a what’s new page on the go with a lot of the new features being explained. One of his first posts just after the GA was around the […] Read More
A couple of weeks ago I ran into an issue stopping me from importing an OVA and today I came across another issue relating to the Web Client not able to import OVF packages with compressed disks. There seems to be a lot of issues to do with OVF/A operations in vSphere 6.5 Update 1…in […] Read More
This week I upgraded (and migrated) my SliemaLabs NestedESXi vCenter from a Windows 6.0 server to a 6.5 VCSA …everything went well, but ran into an issue when I went to upgrade my distributed switch to 6.5.0. Even though everything appeared to be working with regards to the host and VM networking associated with the switch, […] Read More
The old changing of the MAC address causing NIC/IP issues has raised it’s ugly head again…this time during a planned migration of one of our VCSA from one vCenter to another vCenter. Ran into an issue where the source VM running on an ESXi 5.5 Update 3a host, had a MAC address that wasn’t compatible […] Read More
I’ve been using the VCSA for a couple of years now since the release of vSphere 5.5 and have been happily using the upgraded 6.0 version for a couple of my environments As with most people I found the adjustment going from the VI Client to the new Web Client to be a little rough and I […] Read More
REMOVING DEAD PATHS IN ESX4.1 (version 5 guidance here) Very quick post in relation to a slightly sticky situation I found myself in this afternoon. I wasÂ decommissioningÂ a service whichÂ was linked to a VM which had a number of VMDKs, one of which was located on a dedicated VMFS Datastore…the guest OS also had a directly […] Read More
If you are NAT’ing public to private addresses with a load balancer in between your web server and your Gateway/FireWall device you might come across the situation where the IIS/Apache logs report the IP of the Load Balancer, when what you really want, is the client IP.
<span style="color: #339966;">22.214.171.124</span> - - [29/Jun/2012:00:12:43 +0800] "GET /test.html HTTP/1.1" 404 261 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0)"
<span style="color: #ff0000;">172.20.0.16</span> - - [29/Jun/2012:00:12:45 +0800] "GET /test.html HTTP/1.1" 404 261 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0)"
It’s obvious that the biggest issue with […] Read More