Overnight we released a new patch release (Build P20210507) for Veeam Backup & Replication v11. This is actually quite a big patch release and contains a number of fixes to issues that have been picked up since v11 went GA. Probably the biggest addition in this patch is the supportability for vSphere 7.0 Update 2 but we have also released fixes relating to NSX-T, the Archive Tier, VMware Cloud Director and Veeam Cloud Connect.
As of v11, we have been doing these patch releases a little differently. Each Patch is assigned a build number and all patches are listed off of the same VeeamKB (https://www.veeam.com/kb4126) where the latest patch can be downloaded, as well as an updated ISO with all previous patch fixes included.
Key Service Provider Fixes and Update:
The whole list can be viewed on the VeeamKB page but I wanted to highlight the ones that might be of interest to Veeam Service Providers.
- Added VMware vSphere 7.0 U2 support including new vSphere API version awareness and virtual hardware version 19 compatibility.
Note: CDP functionality is not yet supported with vSphere 7.0 U2 due to the I/O filter drivers signing infrastructure issue at VMware, support will be added in the next cumulative patch.
- Added VMware NSX-T 3.0 with VMware Distributed Switch (VDS) version 7.0 networks support for VM restore operations.
- Changed the Archive Tier offload logic to no longer require minimum remaining storage time of 90 or 180 days, as even with early deletion fees archive storage classes end up being cheaper than hot object storage classes.
- VMware vCloud Director: vCD jobs may fail with the “VDDK error: 3 (One of the parameters was invalid)” error due to a conflict with the SkipCertificateCheck registry value; SQL Server transaction log backup jobs fail with the “Unable to cast object” error; vCD UI plug-in does not support deployments with more than 25 organizations; NSX-T interoperability issues in certain configurations.
- Direct Restore to Amazon EC2: restore fails with the “The request must contain the parameter size or snapshotId” errors due to some recent API changes on the AWS side; temporary S3 bucket is not removed automatically following the restore.
- Veeam Cloud Connect: various issues caused by attempting to reuse data movers which are unexpectedly no longer running; tenant backup copy jobs failures with the “Full point was not found” error during retention policy processing; licensing logic may start to impact VCC service availability after if certain data set appears in the configuration database.
As a reminder as well… Service Providers out there can use Service Provider Console v5 to remotely patch multiple Veeam Backup & Replication Servers in one go!
Quick Look – Patching Remotely Managed VBR Servers with Service Provider Console