Last week, Patch 1 was released for Veeam Service Provider Console v4 which brings the build to 188.8.131.5211. Contained in this patch is a number of enhancements and resolved issue that cover monitoring and reporting, licenses, server fixes, agent fixes and there are also a number of resolved issues relating to both included RESTful API versions as well some relating to the ConnectWise Plugins. The patch is strongly advised to be deployed to all VCSPs running Veeam Service Provider Console v4 in production.
The One Console
It’s worth briefly reminding our Veeam Cloud and Service Providers that The Console is an essential part of any service offering based on Veeam. The continued refinement and improvement around usage reporting and monitoring shows that we are committed to making this the go to platform for all VCSPs as the source of truth. In addition to that, for those that can consume Console via RESTful APIs, the v3 preview should be being investigated for use before the next major v5 release.
Veeam Service Provider Console contains everything you need to stand up a Veeam-powered services business. Whether you’re looking to offer remote managed services for your customers’ on-premises environments or manage your multi-tenant Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), cloud backup or Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS) offerings, Veeam Service Provider Console has you covered. Veeam Service Provider Console is offered FREE to current Veeam Cloud & Service Provider (VCSP) partners. Not in the program? It’s free to join with no obligation to buy.
- Usage reporting data for Backup & Replication v9.5 U4 located in time zones with more than 8 hours difference is now included in the report with the auto-approve function.
- Reports generation performance has been improved.
- “Management agent connection” alarm is not triggered when a Cloud Connect server is rebooted.
- Authentication between management agents and Veeam Service Provider Console has been improved.
- RESTful APIs v3
- Date format in /licensing/reports/ GET request has been changed to “yyyy-MM”.
- Report generation parameters have been simplified for licensing/reports/ methods: report interval is used instead of report generation date.
For a complete list of Resolved Issues and more, head to the Veeam VCSP Forum post here.
Applying the Patch
From there, make sure you have a backup of the database, close down the Web UI and execute both MSI packages as administrator on the server.
The first one updates the Console Application server. The second one updates the Connector Service and there is a third one that updates the WebUI. Once completed the patches are applied Console v4 is up to date running on version number Server Version 184.108.40.20611.