It’s crazy to thing that it had been almost three full years between VeeamON mainstage sessions…but the pandemic did keep the Product Strategy Team offstage for that time… but we came back stronger in Vegas for VeeamON 2022! For us in the Product Strategy Team the lead up to, and the execution of the event itself is a busy and sometimes stressful time, this is what we live and breath for! Everyone came away from our first hybrid conference extremely pleased with how it panned out and we know it was a success based on the feedback from the media, analysts and the general IT community through social media and also in person
As with Miami in 2019 we split the General Session Keynote featuring our new CEO Anand Eswaran with the Technical session held the next day with Danny Allan leading the way. Though the differing start times did mean some people arrived at the Wednesday tech session a little late, we still managed to deliver a knock out session with no less than 7 demos!
The idea was to dedicate ninety minutes to showcase what was already released as part of the Veeam Platform and then, take an look at what was to come later in the year in the form of v12 of Veeam Backup & Replication and Veeam Backup for Salesforce.
For the moment, the Technical Keynote can be viewed on-demand via the VeeamON site here. Note that you will need to register… but with a trip on offer to VeeamON 2023 in Miami up for grabs… it’s worth the price of admission.
- Introduction, vision and a personal story around data and shipwrecks with Danny Allan
- Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 v6 Self Service Recovery with Karinne Bessette (29:50)
- Veeam ONE Actionable Alert Triggers with Kirsten Stoner (38:38)
- Veeam Disaster Recovery Orchestrator with Emilee Tellez (43:02)
- A Special Message from Anton Gostev (00:52)
- DRaaS for the Masses with CDP Enhanced Cloud Connect Replication with me… Anthony Spiteri (1:07:43)
- Direct to Object Storage in v12 with Rick Vanover (1:15:20)
- Kasten K10 v12 Integration and Modern Application mobility with Michael Cade (1:23:33)
- Veeam Backup for Salesforce with Mike Resseler (1:32:20)
It’s pretty rare in our industry for companies to attempt live demos during keynote presentations… the ghosts of Microsoft BSODs past seem to hinder the use of live demos these days, but that is not how Veeam and the Veeam Product Strategy Team rolls. To pull off 7 live demos without a glitch is a testament to the confidence we have in ourselves and in the technology… it’s also a huge rush when everything comes off as expected.
That said, the Technology General Session is worth watching for those interested in what Veeam has delivered so far this year… and what is to come!